[SOLVED] Calendar Question

paulman888888

Hello again my amazing friends.

I been looking for a calendar script but i have yet to find the one for me!

I am looking for a PHP calendar that i can add things to.

Eg;

Fetch data from MySql

Show the Calendar

Add extra things to the calendar when needed.

I no this needs alot of loops but as you can now guess.

I dont no how to go about this.

Is there a very simple script out there for me, (Please dont say the one's with loads of features, i WANT TO LEARN how it works)

Thankyou All in advacne

Paul

Calendar scripts are difficult on the backend. There needs to be a good interface for adding events, so most calendar scripts are modules that add on to an existing content management system. If you are looking for the easiest way to do a calendar, I would go with Google Calendar. Create a Google Account (if you don't have one already), go to the calendar, add a new calendar, and add stuff to it. Then, go to the settings for the calendar and there is a code snippet you can copy/paste into your site.

What I did was I searched and found a basic HTML calendar code.  From there I built my own MySQL code to interface to it and just loaded events as the calendar was built on the page.

The adding events is the easy part, you just insert data into the DB.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.