XAMPP MySQL problem

Batric

Hi to everyone :D

I downloaded and installed XAMPP from the internet in order to view some of the PHP sites on my local machine.

But there is a problem:

-during installation, the wizard asked me if I would like to install Apache and MySQL as services. I choosed both. The rest of the installation went ok, but when it started the xampp console error message appeared:

"Ports 80 or 443 (SSL) already in use! Installing Apache2-2 service failed!"

then

"Port 3306 already in use! Installing MySQL service failed!"

And when I open XAMPP control panel application and click start (MySQL) it says: "ERROR: MySql service not started [-1]

I managed to open the localhost and I created a sample file just to ensure everything is ok, but when I tried to open a website with MySQL database, again error text appeared:

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql2.namesco.net' (10060) in DISK:\www\htdocs\xampp\sitename\dbc.php on line 8

I cannot connect to the database because: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql2.namesco.net' (10060)"

Any ideas?

Thanks in any case :D

Batric

"Ports 80 or 443 (SSL) already in use! Installing Apache2-2 service failed!"

then

"Port 3306 already in use! Installing MySQL service failed!

The error message are pretty straight forward. Apache and MySQL have failed to start as the port 80/3306 are both being used.

Port 80 is used by Apache

Port 3306 is used by MySQL.

Before starting Apache/MYSQL via XAMPP make sure nothing is running on port 80 or port 3306. Ports can only be used by one process at a time.

I managed to open the localhost and I created a sample file just to ensure everything is ok, but when I tried to open a website with MySQL database, again error text appeared:

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql2.namesco.net' (10060) in DISK:\www\htdocs\xampp\sitename\dbc.php on line 8

I cannot connect to the database because: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql2.namesco.net' (10060)"

If you're trying to connect to your local MySQL installation, then you'll need to use localhost instead of mysql2.namesco.net as the hostname -- this will be defined in your PHP script (I presume dbc.php)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.