switched hosts, though php is supported, page doesn't appear

Hi,

I am so new to this, so bear with me. I rebuilt/redesigned a site that had many errors in the html, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are errors in the php, but I don't know php so I can't be sure. (I just cut and pasted what I needed of the php code.) It worked fine on the old server, but now that my client is switching hosts (to Verio) the page does not appear at all. I understand from the Verio support pages that something has been disabled for security reasons, which might otherwise allow me to see an error message at least.

I ran a test script I found on this forum that lets me know that php is supported on the site, so that is not the issue. (it brings up a page headed "php 5.2.6"). Here is the page on the old server, if you'd like to take a look at the code:

http://cabosail.com/site-new/reservations.php

Verio lists some code to insert for debugging, but I'm unclear how to use it, and anyway, it is for php version 4.1... that article is here:

http://www.verio.com/support/documents/view_article.cfm?doc_id=3688

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Amy

The code they suggest for debugging will also work with PHP5

Just add this

//Turn on display_errors
ini_set('display_errors','1');

// Display ALL errors including notices
error_reporting (E_ALL);

At the beginning of your script (right after <?php )

I figured it out (well, it works now anyway) - I noticed that the code called files that were not loaded to the new server. Once I added those files, the page loaded but it looked all wrong. I switched the hosted php version to 4, and voila, it works again. phew.

thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.