problem border-left of <div> in firefox with to mutch data?

Alkimuz

Hi, i am working on a family tree using the left border of div's to present the lines between father and children. The code worked perfectly, but after adding one more person, the longest border suddenly collapsed in firefox! in IE its still working. The border is only for a part visible in the middle of the site of the div.. The div is still totally present, if i add background-color, this is visible, but not the border..

I tested this on an other big amound of data and again, the border collapses..

so i'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the code.. I think firefox cant calculate the actual length because its to big? or something like this?

Any experiances with this? Any ways to solve it or to work around this?

thanks in advance!

my site: http://www.davidvandiepen.nl/stamboom/new, look at the disapeared green line under the last green box, its visual for a part if you scroll down. maybe ive worked in the mean time on it, so it might show different than told, for an other example, go to: http://www.davidvandiepen.nl/stamboom.php, there should be a white border on the left side of it, now only vissible in the middle..

hahaha, WHOOT! after 3 hours of frustration i have found a way around it,

with large data: <div style="border-left: solid #00bb00 1px;"> is showed wrong in firefox

but the following works! (no clue why): <div style="border:solid #00bb00; border-width: 0 0 0 1px;">

my conclusion is that this is really a bug in firefox.. i'm shocked!

hopefully my solution can help others with the same problem

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.