Odd Error with using php include in html pages

fastoffice

hello,

I am getting a weird error on my site. fastoffice.com

If I use the address http://fastoffice.com all my pages work correctly, but if I use www.fastoffice.com, some of my .html pages (i.e. faq.html, officechairs.html) ask me to download the page instead of loading it as usual, while other .html pages do not give this unusual error. All .php files execute fine though.

I've not seen this before. I thought it might be my tweaking of the .htaccess file yesterday to accommodate a php include in .html pages so I rolled it back to a previous version but the error is still there. I even did a full directory backup and that didn't fix it.

any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

if you didn't set .html files as a php extension in your php ini or htaccess, then html is just what it is.. an HTML file, in order to use PHP in these files, just change your extensions to .php and they'll work fine

add this to your .htaccess file if you're shared hosting or don't understand php ini

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm

that should fix your "php in html" problem

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.