Token/affiliate script

dp2

Are there more productive methods to consider in this plan? I have added some ideas but I could be totally wrong.

I'm calling the project a Token/affiliate script with a public directory.

Aims & Objectives:

My subscribed members are retailers, dealers and buyers who will be given the option to earn rewards points, discounts or commission

for every new member that subscribes from their referral. This introduction is conducted outside the internet but confirmed through the internet site.

There will be an incentive for new subscribers to use the promotion code in order to qualify for the discount on the subscription service.

At the same time a record is needed and a method to process successfully paid subscribers and add achieved points/discounts/commissions to the referrer.

The referrer will be able to check online via their account their commissions achieved.

The script will generate a unique code for each member to use in their promotion invitation. When a referral registers with this unique code

they obtain a discount to their subscription and also the referral points/commission are added to the retailers account.

How the script maybe planned out: I'm thinking breaking down the script into each of its functions. With flat files in mind each function will have it’s own flat file.

1)AUTHENTICATION

2)DIRECTORY/PROFILE

3)PROMOTION CODE

4)REWARD POINTS COUNTER –

5)PAYMENT PLANS

Keeping things to a minimum using a flat file database that can be extended to a mysql database

1) Standard authentication/Registration script for member login in and out - Simple form to text file. ID reference number could be generated

as the promotion code

2) Form with Opt in or out of the PUBLIC DIRECTORY and profile details, - Form adds contents to profile text file.

3) Promotion code is generated at time of registration or added by admin. The code could be generated by encryption of the retailers username, or a list of codes placed in a text file where a retailer ID number is added next to the code.

Promocode  ReferID

GJ5GDHGRA | 000353       

4)Reward points are added using a basic counter script - Form searches promotion code and records visit in referrers profile.

Paypal link for discount subscription. Confirmed to admin via Paypal email, Admin adds the points manually to the referrers account.

Not sure if points could be added automatically to referrer’s account.

5) Admin will manually or allow approved commissions to be paid via Paypal or sent cheque. I will need to do a little research to establish

if this can be automated to make monthly total payments.

The directory - The main purpose of the directory is for buyers to locate their nearest retailers and dealers via a postcode or County search. At the

same time Retailers and dealers can edit their free listing on the directory. This could be a module to add to. But I have included this because

It may affect the planning of the affiliation script.

Any pointers will help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.