PHP/MySQL Seems to Time Out

andygrant

I have a problem on a webpage that is doing a SELECT across two tables. The tables have approx 4000 records each and return approx 4000 records, each table only has fewer than 10 fields.

It is a simple SELECT statement linking the two tables so the statement isn’t wrong and it runs fine using some MySQL software. But the problem is that when I try to run the statement from a PHP webpage it seems to time out. It doesn’t give any PHP error it just gives says ‘Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage’ as if the webpage doesn’t exist.

I have increased the ‘memory_limit’ and ‘max_execution_time’ and also tried ‘set_time_limit(0)’ but they didn’t have any affect.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this to not load? Does this sound like PHP/MySQL is timing out?

Thanks

SELECT * FROM  tblClients, tblPersonalDetails WHERE personalLink = 'client' AND personalLinkID = clientID

The statement I'm running is above, as you can see it is pretty simple so I don't see how there could be an error in in. Basically it just links two tables together, if I do a LIMIT it works better.

There will only be one tblPersonalDetails record to match each tblClients record.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.