Emails Sent From PHP Mail() Get Marked As Dangerous By Hotmail?

GingerApple

Hi,

I've recently purchased a PHP script and the only problem with it is that when emails are sent by it they end up in my junk folder in Hotmail and then get marked as dangerous. I think this is because the from line reads as follows:

email@ (mydomain.co.uk email@mydomain.co.uk)

which is a very dodgy sender!

I have uploaded the code for my script here: www.appleyardscomputer.co.uk/email.txt

I have very little knowledge of PHP and have spent the day playing with it and learning about mail() trying to fix it. If anyone could help me so that the mail doesn't get marked as dangerous I would be so grateful!

Thanks, Will

When I gave the example email@ (mydomain.co.uk email@mydomain.co.uk) that was just an example of what the from line looked like when it arrived in my hotmail account. The actual one is in the exact same syntax, just with my real domain instead of 'email@mydomain.co.uk'.

I understand that the from line should be a real address, I just don't know how to make it so its a real address :(

I also found out that Hotmail blocks by means of Sender ID verification or something like that. From the hotmail site:

How Sender ID Works

Sender ID seeks to verify that every e-mail message originates from the Internet domain from which it claims to have been sent. This is accomplished by checking the address of the server that sent the mail against a registered list of servers that the domain owner has authorized to send e-mail. This verification is automatically performed by the Internet service provider (ISP) or the recipient's mail server before the e-mail message is delivered. The result of the Sender ID check can be incorporated into the filtering tasks that are already performed by the mail server. After the sender has been authenticated, the mail server may apply conventional content filters and consider past behaviors, traffic patterns, and sender reputation when determining whether to deliver mail to the recipient.

To use SIDF, e-mail senders and domain owners must publish or declare all of the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used by their outbound e-mail servers, or the IPs authorized to send e-mail on their behalf, in the Domain Name System (DNS). These IPs are included in a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) text file.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.