good keywords?

Stormraven

You might start by downloading Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide, Google the name and it will be number 1, it was published Nov 13, 2008.

Where specifically did you get the information Google does not use meta tags anymore. I would really like to know.

Right now I am getting very good traffic from Google on my Website Promotion and Marketing blog bases on keyword rich articles. I have not traded any links, I simply submit the article URL's to Google, Yahoo and MSN. I do use the Free SEO Tools that are provided by Google, Yahoo and MSN. What is suprising to me is I feel the love from Google and Yahoo both. MSN has not been my friend.

At to specifically Google and keywords. If you go to Webmasters/Site owners Help and search keywords you will see a list of articles by Google. One in specific is titled Site doesn't appear for a specific keyword and specifies how to see if you are ranking on a specific keyword or keyword phrase.

Meta tags are generally considered obsolete, but sure they don't do any harm to include.

You should especially pay attention to your headings, as well as the link text in your internal links. A good internal link structure, is important when optimizing for certain phrases.

Of Cause you should also make sure to have some solid content on your page, not just a few words, or a collection of internal links pointing to subsections of the forum Etc. In short make sure to mention the phrase in your content-text which you are optimizing for.

The h1 tag is very important, google seam to view this as being more important then content text, and text enclosed in b, em, or strong.

While content is very important, linkbuilding can be even as important for some websites, as would be the case for web design releted sites, since there are meny of those.

Hi, very interesting question? It is the basics of SEO  ;)

Here are five steps to optimizing your site:

1. Use this keyword tool to get some suggestions about what keywords to focus on:

http://www.google.com/sktool/#

2. Write content for people, focusing on the keywords you have found

3. Make sure every page has a unique title tag in the head section with the keyword

4. Make sure the h1 tag on your site closely matches your title tag and is unique on every page.

5. Use links on and off your site to pass authority to your keywords. For example:

Title Tag = Web Design Forum

H1 Tag = Web Design Forum

Anchor Text On Your Site = Web Design Forum

Anchor Text On Digg To Your Site = Web Design Forum

Do this for every one of your pages and try to get 10 inbound links per page from other sites. Then go get ten more, and before you know it, you will have TONS of traffic.  ;D

• 1 month later...

I own a website, it appears on the 4th page under web design forums, but only appears under the words web design forums. how does google index keywords? because meta tags are not used anymore.

Hi,

It's also important to choose right keywords which are relevant and to put those keywords at the right place in content.

Hi

Can you send the URL of your site, So we can look at it. Remeber the domain name must be relevant, the page name, the page title. Those are the main things google will take a look at first.

For this second keword you are looking for how manys search a month are run on it ?

Also try making a special page on you site such as www.yourdomain.com/secondkeyword

Have that one with some articles that should help.

Thanks

James

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.