Checkbox - Value is always on, even when checkbox is unselected.

MadnessRed

Hi, I have a registration form, where when a field changes the image next to it changes, hard to explain so I will put the code below.

<tr>
				<td>Username </td>
				<td>
					<input name="character" type="text" name="character" id="playername" style="width:150px;" onkeyup="Javascript: document.getElementById('usercheck').innerHTML = '<image src=\'game/check.php?check=user&username='+getElementById('playername').value+'&s='+getElementById('s').value+'\' />';" />
				</td>
				<td><span id="usercheck"><image src="game/check.php?check=user&img=bad&s=1" /></span></td>
			</tr>

That works fine, however i have a checkbox, and my problem is, it always gives a value of on, or my onchange function doesn't work.

So basically there is a cross, when they click the I agree checkbox, that becomes a tick, then when they un-select it, it is still a tick,

The reg form is below.

http://darkevo.org/reg.html

Here is the checkbox row,

<tr>
				<td colspan="2">
					<input name="rgt" id="rgt" type="checkbox" "onclick="Javascript: document.getElementById('toscheck').innerHTML = '<image src=\'game/check.php?check=tos&tos='+getElementById('rgt').value+'&s='+getElementById('s').value+'\' />';" />
					I accept the TOS
				</td>
				<td><span id="toscheck"><image src="game/check.php?check=user&img=bad&s=1" /></span></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>

Here is the check.php code relating to that section.

}elseif($_GET['check'] == 'tos'){
if($_GET['tos'] != 'on'){
	$good = false;
}else{
	$good = true;
}
}

if($unused){
$image = "../check/no.gif";
}elseif ($good){
$image = "../check/ok.gif";
}else{
$image = "../check/err.gif";
}

//Load the image
$img = ImageCreateFromGif($image);

//Convert to PNG and send it to browser
if($img) {
header("Content-Type: image/gif");
ImageGIF($img);

//Clean-up memory
ImageDestroy($img);
}
?>

I know that the php file works though because

check.php?check=tos&tos=off&s=1

gives a cross,

What happens if you temporarily remove this section:

onkeyup="Javascript: document.getElementById('usercheck').innerHTML = '<image src=\'game/check.php?check=user&username='+getElementById('playername').value+'&s='+getElementById('s').value+'\' />';"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.