cant access admin after install

bgarren

A) If you purchased a script, contact the author for support. They often have dedicated support forums or direct email support.

B) We can only help if you provide relevant information, such as code, errors, and what do you see in front of you. Telling us that something "wont work" in pointless. We know you have something that does not work or you would not be posting in a help forum. What troubleshooting have you done to determine why it is not working and what is it doing or not doing?

sorry i didnt pose the Subject Correctly Heres What is going on and it is happeneing in numerous script i try to install. Probably because i tried to get off cheap and bought the cheapest i could find.

Any way once i install the site on my hosting persay iam supossed to go to the admin login to finish the install. I am given a tempory user id and password in the readme or install txt. file once i nput that info into admin login page i get a refresh and am back at the admin page if that makes sense im new and dont really understand php or how to use the forum correctly. i did try to get resolution from the reseller but he just offered me replacement script for different programs i wonder if it may be my hosting any sorry if im still not posing the question right  And thanks for any info you might have if nothing else a place to get quality scripts for my sights

A lot of scripts were written using php configuration specific settings (mostly lazy-way short-cuts) and they don't work on the broadest range of server configurations.

See item B) in my post above. No one can help you with what your code is doing that would be configuration specific and that is preventing it from working unless they see your code.

The most likely cause is code that is dependent on register_globals to "magically" populate program variables from post/get/cookie/session data.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.