Stream file from server while it downloads.....

siddscool19

I want to know how to stream a file from a server while it is being downloaded by the user.......

Basically what I want to do is login into a server like say rapidshare and stream file from there and make it available for the user such that user downloads file directly from the rapidshare server and without himself logging into account.. I don't want to copy file first to my server and then make it avaiable for download.

So how should I procede on this...... We can login into a rapidshare url using http://username:pass ....

If I am not much clear please tell me and also I want this to setup rs premium generator for my site so that people can download files using premium account..... I have nothing bad in this :)

Have you seen rapidleach?

If you are looking to achive the same thing i suggest you alter the header and then print out the contents of the file which will "stream" the file through your server. This could use allot of bandwidth and may be restricted on shared hosts.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum88/3765.htm

If memory serves me correctly you should just be able to fopen the file using the full address *shrugs*

I find the best way to learn is to read code from open source applications and understand how it works not that i know if rapidleach is open source!

I am sorry i have not done something like this before however it has interested me so take what i say with a pinch of salt :D! If you need to simulate logging in by a user try using CURL. That will allow you to post username and password and then can print the response while it receives it. When i first used the Curl libary it was a learning process but turns out it is quite easy to use! I would take a look at rapidleach anyway to see how they do it. Even if you don't understand everything it should at least point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.