Cpanel Account Summary

Andrew R

Sorry if this is wrong forum

I wonder if it was possible to take the account summary information from cpanel and display it on separate page via php.  For example a client site separate from cpanel.

I know you can access the cpanel xml account summmary via http://cpanel-link-here/xml-api/accountsummary&user=sam but I was wondering if it were possible to take this xml data and display it on another page via php considering the directory is password protected.

The directory is pasword protected.  I wonder if it would be possible to run a cron job and take the xml and update a SQL database every 12 hours?

Is there any scripts that would do this or has anybody had experience doing this before?

Thanks a million

I haven't used Cpanel but i suggest you use Curl. With this you should be able to authenticate yourself and then parse the XML. Personally i wouldn't bother updating all of the records rather when a user logs update your table and a timestamp and only get new data after 5mins or something.

Thanks a million :)

I have tried using the php cPanel API - http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3534.html

I entered in my cPanel user details and the results displayed are all zero, for example Disk Space Used: 0 MB

MySQL Space Used: 0 MB etc.  The script is obviously connecting to my cPanel, just not displaying the results because when I change my password, username, host details connection errors come up.

Anybody used the php cPanel API before?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.