[SOLVED] beginner

eddie21leeds

hi there. im just getting in to web dev etc, im doing a course with the open university (UK) and reading up on a lot of stuff... how much do i realistically need to know about apache? i am just a the stage now where i am beginning to write more complex web applications from books/tutorials etc and ive really no experience with apache other than using the odd .htacess file. also can you reccomend any books / websites for further reading??

thanks. eddie.

Personally, I would encourage you to learn as much as you can about it. It makes life simpler as you progress through the stages of online media delivery. If you remain someone very interested in online delivery, you should learn as much as you can about everything you can--it will only make you that much more proficient in what you do.

The more pragmatic side of me, however, would advise you to get the fundamentals of front-end established while asynchronously picking up on back-end principles. This will take quite a long time to come to terms with, but if you can juggle those two elements of the web, your understanding of server architecture and whatnot will be a walk in the park, but that's just my opinion.

:)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.