Unique CSS Tags

PcGeniusProductions

Hi guys.

Is it possible to add a prefix/suffix to all CSS Data in one go?

E.g.

HTML File = <div id="name"></div>

CSS File = #name { style }

Is there a way to change EVERY ID, CSS, and CLASS tags to make them unique?

Reason:

I have a phpBB3 Style I wana integrate into my Joomla Template, and it has hundreds, maybe thousands of CSS Tags. I have tried going through them by hand (took me all day) but I am not too experienced and it was a disaster. I wanna avoid all conflicts and clashes from the two seperate templates.

Summery:

Is there a way to prevent clashes of CSS Styles, or mass-edit all CSS Data.

Thanks for any informatuion available. I am on the verge of giving up.

agreed, tacohtml on the mac has a good find-all and replace-all, If you are using joomla, there are probably only a few dozen (ok maybe a few dozen dozen) files to modify, or you could download a joomla skin and change all the phpbb class names to the joomla ones, that would get a lot done fast.

then you have to work on layout, which you will have to do either way

I don't think what you are trying to do can be done.

I have done a few phpbb3-drupal link-ups, and I ended up using the phpbb theme, and re-coding it for drupal. What this does is uses the phpbb theme on phpbb pages, and the drupal theme on drupal pages. Since they look alike it works fine.

Hi guys. I am certain this can be done, as I know of a website (jfusion.org) that has the exact setup to what I want. (and by utter coincidence, the same Joomla Template, too)

I tried containing the whole phpbb body within a div tag with the ID: phpbb.

Then I added "#phpbb" to the beginning of EVERY style tag in all CSS files.

I am trying to keep both systems totally independant, without merging the CSS into the actual files from Joomla Skin.

Naturally, this was a disaster. I used Dreamweaver to its full extent (find and replace) as I have done on countless occasions, the only difference being that instead of solving my problem, it confused it. I think I am onto something here, I think I know what I am doing wrong... Please help me with an example code here...

This was my code AFTER I added "#phpbb" tags to all styles...

/* proSilver Link Styles
---------------------------------------- */

#phpbb a:link	{ color: #898989; text-decoration: none; }
#phpbb a:visited	{ color: #898989; text-decoration: none; }
#phpbb a:hover	{ color: #d3d3d3; text-decoration: underline; }
#phpbb a:active	{ color: #d2d2d2; text-decoration: none; }

/* Coloured usernames */
#phpbb .username-coloured {
font-weight: bold;
display: inline !important;
}

/* Links on gradient backgrounds */
#phpbb #search-box a:link, #phpbb .navbg a:link, #phpbb .forumbg .header a:link, #phpbb .forabg .header a:link, #phpbb th a:link {
color: #FFFFFF;
text-decoration: none;
}

I think I did something wrong. If you could correct this script to give me an example, I could learn from this script where to use the "#phpbb" tag and what to leave alone.

My basic intention is t to ONLY apply style to the content of <div id="phpbb">

You understand what I am saying?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.