Practice PHP for free?

zhangy

dropfaith, thanks a lot. I will definitely give that a try.

revraz, if your not gonna ad something constructive to the topic then why even bother posting? To answer your question, yes I did search, but I posted this topic here anyway because I respect the opinions of the people who use this site and wanted to see if anyone here could give me some insight on the matter.

Well the way you worded it, it sounded like you didn't bother to do your own research first.  If you had said something more along the lines of "I've been looking around for a free site, but can't seem to find anything decent, anybody have any suggestions?" That would have sounded more on par with "I did some research, came up empty handed, opinions?"  Don't get all pissy just because you failed to say what you meant in the first place.  Nobody is psychic. 

Anyways, free hosting packages tend to limit what you can or can't do. I also suggest downloading and installing xampp or wamp.  They are packages that come with php, mysql, apache, usually lots of the php extensions, etc.. blahblahblah they practically install themselves right out of the box, and you can have absolute control over absolutely everything, if you need it.

In your research, did you happen to look here: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,117475.0.html

I agree with Crayon. Just grab a copy of WAMP/XAMPP/LAMP. It saves you from uploading to a server only to find out your mod just ruined your script or deleted your database. You can figure it out just by saving and hitting f5!

*edit*... apparently I didn't look there. I'm not sure any of those are free. Oops. My smart assery has backfired. Still. My *AMP* suggestion stands.

My question was very helpful, it got you to say that at least you did search.

Now that you gave that info, which sites did you go to and consider.  What did you like and dislike about them?

You know they are free right?  You get what you pay for.

revraz, if your not gonna ad something constructive to the topic then why even bother posting? To answer your question, yes I did search, but I posted this topic here anyway because I respect the opinions of the people who use this site and wanted to see if anyone here could give me some insight on the matter.

You are right revraz!

Actually I didn't think my response was inappropriate

when I wrote it but now after reading it again I can

understand why some people are heated.

Anyway, these suggestions helped a lot, thanks.

I'm off to celebrate Spring Festival! 新年快乐!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.