Web Development Scenario

Jarlo

Ok, so I'm in school for Graphic Design, and they have me taking a web development class as a requirement.  I am absolutely terrible with PHP... I just don't understand it.  Other things like ActionScript and HTML, I pick up just fine. 

What I ask from one of you is to please help me out with this Web Development Scenario my teacher gave me.  I would really appreciate it.

So, here it goes...

A wedding planning organization needs to set up a web based system to collect upcoming wedding details.  The data is collected in a web session from the home of one of the parties in the wedding.  The connections are done through the phone line at the home using a notebook computer.

The process usually takes about an hour.  The information collected includes things such as menu choices, guest lists or a least counts, selection of hotel arrangements for out of town guests, and many other details.

Many of the details of the planning may change from first selection to last.  There are a lot of preliminary choices that are later modified.

In some cases there is a need to make one or more follow-up visits to complete the process.  This may be done by a different representative with a different notebook computer.

Questions:

1) Where in the process might the system use cookies?

2) Where in the process might the system use sessions?

3) Would it be better to use a server side database for all the information or a file on the notebook computer?

4) Are there any security issues with this process?

Please detail your thoughts on the design for this scenario and the reasoning behind your thoughts.

Again... any help would be amazing, and I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.

First fort, if it done via the internet the precess will take 5 min, not 1 hour via phone.

1.i would use cookies for security reasons. log ect.

2. i differently use session all over the whole project.

3) Would it be better to use a server side database for all the information or a file on the notebook computer?

3. i would consider a host service, for the whole project there very cheep , what ever way a database is more secure then

then a text file and files are to much hassle over database's

4.there security problems and holes in all programming lanuages, unless the programmer no his stuff properly.

hope this helps....

the project it self would need a lot off work but it sounds straight froward.

all the best redarrow.

cookie is better.. u prefer use cookies.

u don't need sessions..

use both Note and DB.. u will never know if there a problem.. and backup is nice

* someone will spam your site

*someone will deface your site

*DOS

*other wedding service will take ur customer.. well.. talking about healthy business

*database corrupt => this not security.. but it will be security if you lost 2 month DB

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.