Fatal PHP Error with MediaWiki

jnojr

I'm not getting anywhere on the MediaWiki forum, so I'm hoping the folks here can help.

I have a wiki (v. 1.10.0 ) on one server, and I need to move it to another server.  On the new server, I used 1.13.3, copied over the contents of /images, LocalSettings.php, and the database.  When I try to look at the new wiki, I get a blank page.  The error_log tells me:

[Tue Jan 20 19:48:14 2009] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/var/www/html2/wiki/LocalSettings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html2/wiki/includes/WebStart.php on line 97

The line in question is:

require_once( "$IP/LocalSettings.php" );

Also:

$IP = getenv( 'MW_INSTALL_PATH' );

If error_reporting was set to E_ALL, you would also be getting a Warning message that tells you exactly why the require_once failed, either because the file or directory does not exist or a permissions problem. The message you are getting is just the fatal runtime failure message.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.