dropdown box putting data into a table

jacklindsay1990

Hi there

i have a script which work a while ago, and has no somehow broken. (dont know what i've done, but i have been edititng alot of it.

its a form which in the dropdown boxes, pulls data from a mysql table, and when subitted, adds the record to a different table.  this did work before but now, when i submit, i have a ' 0 ' where the data should be.  i can pull the data from the first table fine...i just cant submit it :(

i have a attached a zip with the main file and the file which has the form in it.  even u need any other documents, i'll happily give them.

i hope someone can find why its broken:(

thanks for any  help

jack lindsay

here's the code for the main page

[attachment deleted by admin]

Set it to insert the data into the correct column then give it the value the user input.

Obviously change vars as needed. And make sure your method for submit is post if you plan on using $_POST[] to assign vars

$input = $_POST['input'];

$q = "INSERT INTO db_name (id) VALUES ('$input')";

mysql_query($q);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.