Linear Programing Via PHP to help faciliate solutions to system Optimization

cooldude832

I've started using LINDO to try and solve some complex 14+ variable with 20 or so constraint models and I'm wondering if anyone has started or heard of using remote servers to share their CPU power to help computate a solution using Linear Programing Methods?

I think it be really easy to use a centralized PHP server because you could have the central server announce the adjustments as it receives input from other systems.

My only issue I see is that it would realistically be receiving and broadcasting the adjustments instantaneously as the single level calculations are relatively trivial, so there have to be some way for it to gather in all the data from the systems and then normalize it together and let the remotes sit while it does that then rebroadcast a new set of constraints adjusted to the optimization so far.

The reason I ask all this is because 1 system for optimization is giving me a difficult time as LINDO is running close to 100 million iterations and coming up with no solutions that are "perfect"  because the problem requires an integer solution for all 14 variables it is having a hard time.

The constraints are excessive, but required and I was wondering if something like this existed so I could get into a few billion iterations and accept a reasonable answer.

On my home Computer 100 million iterations takes about 6 hours so I dont' have a lot of playing with it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.