Save or Open dialog box instead of execute script

I am a beginner at web posts and php for the most part. I had php set up on my windows vista computer and all was well. I decided to upgrade to a newer version of php and thats when the problem started (I Think). Instead of just downloading the newest version of php and installing to c:/php, and configuring my ini file, I went through the whole process of configuring the iis server and the environment variables which I Probably should not have done or did not need to do. I have looked on google and the other search engines for a few days now and have only come across two sites that offer information on this. One of the sites does not provide a solution, and the other site you have to be a paid member, on E E so I have come here to maybe find a solution. I went through the normal steps of setting up php on my computer and ran the phpinfo() script and all works well. Here is the problem I am having. Anytime I execute a php script the download dialog box pops up and asked if I want to save or open the file. Heres another example if I have a html form open and I am sending some variables like name, address to handle_form.php it will pop that download box up with the option to save or open the file. I can try to execute these files under wwwroot or my dest top makes no difference I still get the download dialog not popping up. I got tired of the box popping up so I checked the box on the dialog box that says DO THIS ACTION FOR ALL FILE LIKE THIS or something like that, so now when I click submit on my form it opens up the page instead of executing. So now I have another problem. The other problem is because I checked on the download dialox box that poped up, Do THIS FOR ALL OTHER FILES so now I can not uncheck it because it goes stright to the file and opens it up.

I have also tryed uninstall and reinstall iis, reconfigured environment variables ect. Nothing works.

Thank You

Damon

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.