[SOLVED] MySQL Migration

FezEvils

hello everyone,

last week i got a project about inventory, the current system is using ORACLE as a database. But the client want to change the whole system into MySQL+PHP.

yesterday, i have convert the oracle db to mysql. but the dump file for oracle only contains structure data only..

so help me, if is it other way to migrate all data ib oracle db into mysql using the same data structure?

what i means is, both db have same structure , but the oracle is on main server in head quarters, so they just give me password and username for the connection only. oracle has all  the data, but mysql is empty, so i need to copy all data from oracle to mysql without copying the data structure once again..  :-[ that gave me headache..

Well then... I suppose you could select all data from all tables using "SELECT * FROM table", store the results on your HDD, and then insert them into MySQL... This could be tricky though...

Seriously, won't they give you the datadump from Oracle? You should charge them extra.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.