Database Structure Help

zipp

Hello. I am working on a project that could best be described as a "time card" system. It is so employees can clock in/out and submit their time cards after a couple of weeks. It is also going to have some admin features like manage employees, edit cards, view unsent time cards, view past time cards, mark time cards as paid, and some other little things.

I am running into a problem trying to get my PHP scripts to work correctly with my database design. I am wondering if there is a better way to do things.

Right now I have 2 tables. 1 for login info, and 1 for time cards. There will be about 20 employees. Do you think it would be better to have a table for each one?

table1

unique id

what time card they are on (will increase when they "submit" their card)

login name

password

what position they hold at the company

if they are an admin or not

table 2

unique id

employee id

time card id

punch in

punch out

paid vacation time (admin will set this manually)

any expenses they need to add to the card

any drive time they had

if the card was submitted

if the card was paid

The problem I am having is that there will end up being 20 entries per "time card id" and I cant seem to get my PHP scripts to seperate them by "employee id".

How would you go about doing this type of project?

I would really appreciate any help you can offer. I can supply more details if it would help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.