Layout Problems

mazman13

My site : www.mzliveonline.com/mzLive

The center and right text areas are set to absolute.

The problem with that is that when you click on hide submenu on the nav bars, the other areas move but the center and right stay the same.

What can I do to make this work? I've got alot more areas to put in place.

How are you positioning the absolute element. If you are using top:; etc that will stick it there,

but if you use margin-top:; or the shorthand margin: 0 0 0 0; top, right, bottom, left - it may

move.

From the looks of that page, there is 'absolutely' no reason why you can't position these relatively.

Hope that helps.

just margin on it's own is either to apply margin to all sides: margin:10px;

or shorthand for specifying the margin for each side in one declaration: margin: 2px 10px 2px 10px;

That's top, right, bottom, left

---more on your issue, if the relative positioning moves it below the mag feed, then you need position it betters. It's no good simply adding position:relative; and hoping for the best. You have to tweak these things.

You will probably need to float both of those elements to the left.

Also, is it really necessary to have a hide submenu function? I've never seen one on a site and if it doesn't remember my preference it would be pretty useless; I'd have to keep pressing it every time.

Hope that helps.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.