Photoshop Saving For Web, Making Site better

winmastergames

Let me guess - you're running a very large resolution monitor to work with. Yes?

Most people now tend to use 1024x768 although many are still running in 800x600 and some even lower.

On nearly everyone's monitors the user will have a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom - not good.

Best thing to do is edit the image and max it at around 970.

I would say, you shouldn't use Photoshop to generate the HTML/CSS, photoshop should only be used to create the graphics, that would be such as buttons, and backgrounds. I would even recommend that you use a free editor like Paint.NET, because photoshop i simply find way overpriced.

Avoid WYSIWYG editors, and learn to code your pages by hand. This has a number of benefits, off-hand i can give you.

1: Clean Code

2: More Control over basically everything.

3: Correct usage of Elements and Attributes.

Above could also lead to better accessibility of your pages, as well as less coding required, lower load times because of external StyleSheets in place of embedded and inline styles.

You should also avoid using templates, unless you understand the code down to the last letter.

The 'code' that photoshop produces when exporting for the web is absolute garbage. Partially because it's not cross-browser, cross-monitor compliant, partially because its super bulky.

The code produced is pretty much un-usable.

Photoshop is great for designing layouts, its not good for creating them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.