css menu

jelly_jam_jelly

Hi guys,

I would like to create a css menu that goes something like this one:

pic1.jpg

I'm planning to put a mouse hover effect on my menu.  I don't want to use any images because I would like to save some bandwidth.  I would like to achieve a hover effect solely based in css.  From those items above, once that the user clicked a particular item like for example the item 3, the Javascript will trigger a function like msg() function (for example) to show a dialogue box that the user clicked the item 3, please refer below:

pic2.jpg

A clicked item from the menu will return a Bold property like what we could see above and then show a dialogue box.

Hope that someone could help me, I am very excited to put this kind of menu on my website.  Thanks Php Freaks.

For the rollover effects, you want to use CSS :hover. For the bold on click, you want to use CSS :active. And for the javascript popup, you want to use the javascript function alert().

That's enough info to get you going on google. This is all basic stuff with a million tutorials out there for you to use.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.