PHP Help!

uzzy

Hi What Would Be A Easy Site To Create As Im New To PHP, I Would Like To Create My Own Mafia Game But Iv Been Told They Are To Difficult To Start With, Is There Any Good Tutorials Out There Explaining Step By Step & Easy For A New Person To PHP To Understand?

Thank You Very Very Much If You Can Help!

This is going to sound absurd and maybe even cruel.. But I assure you its not my intention. You sound like you are completely fresh to everything. What you want to create would take someone with a fair gain of experience a little while to put together.

What you want to build if even on a small scale will require a minimum of PHP, mySQL, CSS and HTML knowledge. Then pending on where you want to go from there and even then not so much pending on that, you will need to know some javascripting as well.

So where I am going with this is.. Go out and grab yourself 3 maybe 4 books minimum all of them the "For Dummies" books this is the part i was saying may sound cruel.. As they all give you a decent kick start for each language your going to get them for. HTML, PHP, MySQL, CSS and JavaScript if after that you still want to expand I would suggest "Pocket Reference" guides for the 5 languages from the Author "O'reilly" or something to that affect. Along with those a MySQL & PHP book one of the "All you need to know" ones.. and deffinately concider "Everything you know about CSS is wrong" and "The Science behind the Art of CSS" last 2 titles by sitepoint.com (good site by the way)

As far as tutorials go, there is really no tutorial that's going to go in as depth as your going to want it to go. When it comes to this stuff its all trial and error even once you know what your doing fluently. My best suggestion is Tizag.com (like someone else mentioned.. really damn good site to learn with..) start off with a dummy site, building random stuff from what you learn then take that knowledge and start piecing it together into your ultimate goal.

Outside of that, I know the desire, I wouldn't mind making my own mafia style game, most likely be a different theme all together though. But I don't have the time lately to build something like that, let along maintain it.. So that said if ya ever want help, pointers, advice, what have you throw me an email.. I wont hold your hand and walk you through it all, and I wont build it all for you, but I'll help where I can..

monkeytooth thanks i know about mysql and html but im trying to get better at php iv been trying to learn for over a year and i have got no where. i usually used to get bored trying to learn but this time i really really wanna ill have to buy some books then thanks monkeytooth again for the advice great help mate

A set of books I would steer clear of are the For Dummies series though... they seem to not have a lot of useful information. Some of their series of books do but the Web Development series is not something to consider for your set of books.

Check out Amazon.com for awesome sales on books. I have bought PHP books on there for a $1.

Now tizag has been mentioned a few times, i'd like to mention www.w3schools.com. That's i've learned to script javascript, php, css and so on. You learn the basics from there, then you need to go further with your fantasy to combine your coding into.. Yeah, whatever you want to make!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.