[SOLVED] Works fine locally but not on a live server

Boo-urns

I have a dropdown and when a user selects how many entries they want to add it calls a file to create a form and bring it back. Well it works great locally but not on a live server. Firebug is saying I'm getting a 500 error. (I've tried absolute and relative paths but it's not working.) If I copy the include file on that script page it will run hardcoded but isn't getting the variables. The data posts just fine but PHP isn't pulling the variables.

<?php $numForms  = mysql_real_escape_string($_REQUEST['numForms']);

Is something screwed up in the php.ini file or something on the server? Any ideas? I'm stumped  :(

-Corey

Have you done a "view source" of the form so that you know it is being created correctly?

Have you echoed $_REQUEST['numForms'] so that you know what is in it?

Is the problem that $numForms is not set, in which case you probably don't have a valid mysql connection at the time the mysql_real_escape_string() statement is being executed. Do you have any error checking logic as part of your mysql_connect() statement so that you know if it worked of failed? Are you executing this code on a system with error_reporting set to E_ALL and display_errors set to ON to get php to help you?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.