displaying from 2 tables and order by 1 row

php_guest

I have two tables:

table One:

UserID  |  mainTitle | time

table Two:

ID  | xTitle | time

Time is in datetime format.

I would like to select rows mainTitles and time from table one and rows xTitles and time from table two. Then I would like to order all results by time.

I tried the following code, but it doesn't work:

$result = mysql_query("('SELECT * FROM One WHERE UserID=$ID') UNION ('SELECT * FROM Two WHERE ID=$ID') ORDER BY time");
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
    }

Please help me how to print fields from mainTitle and xTitle in the way to be ordered by time.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am confused about field type: UserID. Is it numeric?

If yes you need to remove apostrophe ' from your query. Also you have one extra apostrophe before second select UNION ('SELECT... Remove it as well.

Please not one extra closed bracket in second select statement ... WHERE ID='$ID'))

Your query should be like this:

$result = mysql_query("(SELECT * FROM One WHERE UserID=$ID) UNION (SELECT * FROM Two WHERE ID=$ID)) ORDER BY time");

:)

Don't forget union method request the same number of fields in both tables. :-\

Cheers ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.