[SOLVED] "<form .... action='.....'>" making a "index.php?action=" type link

Jodha

Hi All,

Been up to some interesting things, now got a website shell well on its way to fully communicating with its website db. Got a posting form question, hope you can help :)

My 'page display' is thus: header at top; menu at left; content (as per navigation) on the right; footer at bottom.

Currently I have some forms appearing in the 'content' area of my 'page display'. When I hit 'submit' on my form the processing script .php file replaces my entire (previously described) 'page display'. I.E. I loose header, menu and footer, and only see what I echo on the form processing .php file.

On the "<form... action='.....'>" part of the start tag for my form, is there a way of making the form processing .php file appear in my content area (as oppose to replacing my whole 'page display')?

I have tried various variations of link within the ''s of action='...', but to no avail.

- this includes index.php?action='blah'

Currently the 'page display' builds by constructing a table via echo, and in each cell in the table I am using an

include ('xxx.php');

command to display the section I want.

In the content area the section in the parenthesis is a variable, which allows different .php files to be loaded into my content section. This has been faultless using normal <a href...> type links.

IE

for "home" my URL =

website/index.php?action=home

for "add text" my URL =

website/index.php?action=add_text

But when I process the add text form the URL =

website/"the directory the processing form is in"/add_text_exe.php

Hmmm... any thoughts?

Solved! Funny what a cuppa tea and a fag break can achieve.

I needed to add a row to my content table which refers to the form processing .php file.

Next, the "action='...'" section needs to be (as I tried before adding the relevant row in my content table)

action='index.php?action="the reference to the form processing file, as per content table"'

With the amendment to the content table I have the functionality that I want

;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.