Hard one ... for pros only hehe

drisate

Hey pros ;-)

I am in the process of creating a webmail for a client. He paid for something very sophisticated so ia m trying to do this the best way possible. Right now I am working on the attachments feature when you send out your email. The Gmail system was really the best attachments way I saw so I reverse engineered it and modified it to suite my needs. Works like a charm using Java Script. When you press the attachments button there’s a box to brows that appears. You can add up to 10 and you can also delete any box with a remove link.

Now for the tricky part ... I would like to know how it would be possible to make it upload right away but without reloading the page because you got to keep in mind that the guy is still composing his message.

I think hotmail has a system like it. You can see a circle while the file is being processed and while it is you can continue your stuff..

So in a more clear way:

How can you make an uploading box upload as soon as the file is selected ... how can you delete that file if the user presses on remove and how can you send those files using imap as an attachments?

Let see how the legends of PHPFreaks solves this ;-)

Yeah ... AJAX is something i never touched actually ... i always managed to do my stuff with out it ... Guess i can't run from it anymore. Everything i did in javascript was for nothing lol... Should of been in AJAX straight up. Thx bro i will start looking for some code examples and put my self to it. If you have anything to suggest that would do something close to it go a head ;-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.