how to load my site from a subfolder within www

kee2ka4

Hey peeps,

I have a question with regards to loading my site from a sub folder. At the moment, I place my entire site in the www folder provided by my hosting company and when i type my url, my site works fine.

But I want to place my site in a folder within www and load my site from there. So for example, if I place my site in a folder called siteone within www and when I type in my url, say www.domain.com, I want the site to load.

I am not sure how to do that. Can someone plz point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ket

You will have to set domain forwarding, which is a feature that you registrant should offer. For example, if you own www.mysite.com, using domain forwarding you can point it to www.someoneelsesite.com or www.someoneelsesite.com/mysite.com. You should be able to get some instructions from your domain name company.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.