Tell me what you think.

ejaboneta

This is my first "professional" site. The client is starting a IT hardware supply company. The categories are automatically generated from the category values for the products in the database. So if a part for a new laptop is added to the database, the laptop's model will show up in the left. I'm very proud of this since my original thoughts were to enter each category, make, model etc. manually(i don't know what i was thinking...). Only the first 5000 products for the 'Laptop Parts' category are listed so far. This took me 2 days. Tell me what you think and any advice.

http://bluehousetech.com

Nice work,

The aesthetics need some work I think a nice banner would set it off nicely i could make you a nice one in seconds if you like?

The layout is clean and tidy and the structure is good.

perhaps if you have so many items a search feature might be necessary not many people like trawling through pages to find what they want.

Thanks. I have no idea how to do a search! I told the client I wasn't a professional programmer and he said if I needed an extra week or so to figure some things out, it would be fine. So I guess I can work on that next.

The lack of graphics is killing me! haha... but he asked me to do the php/mysql/html and we haven't talked about graphic design. I don't want to spend any extra time on something I should charge extra for before confirming with him.

Alright I've validated it. I've done it in HTML 4.01 Transitional.... I don't really understand doctypes... Is there any benefit from choosing another?

I'll look into using divs instead of tables... I've always used a combination of divs and tables but those fancy cartoons are telling I shouldn't....

Thanks but I'm sure I can do the graphic design myself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.