help: dynamically set size of object containing an html page

sweetname

I originally posted a question in the html section, but this is really more of a javascript question I think.  Sorry about that.

I have loaded a html page into an object (similar to an iframe) and I cannot figure out how to dynamically set the height.  I have tried to approach it like an iframe, but this doesn't work. http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/iframe-height-scrollbar-example/

Can anyone help me figure out the height to set my object so that it doesn't have scroll bars?

Thanks

i don't think your going to be able to reference the object tag based on contentWindow; because contentWindow was meant to be used with FRAME, IFRAME, HTMLFrameElement Constructor, HTMLIFrameElement Constructor.

you can find the oject tag's usable attributes here: http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_object.asp

alternatively, you could hide an iframe with the same src and use the contentWindow method for that hidden iframe; too change the height of the object tag.

I know you can't do it that way.  That is how it is done for iframes.  I was trying to show the effect I am trying to mimic with the object.  I want to use the object tag instead of iframe.  Is it possible to achieve something similar with an object?  I want to use an object tag so that I can validate.

Thanks

The iframe tag wont validate in xhtml 1.0 strict and everything I read on blogs and such state that the object tag has replaced the iframe, however nobody shows how to fit the object height to the content in it.  If I were to use a hidden iframe, what would be the point of using the object in the first place?  I am a little confused by the suggestion?  Please explain?

Thanks

objects have not replaced iframe; each are probably used equally, but not for what your wanting to do. i really have never seen anyone include a html page in a object. one of the main reasons for that is; you can have more control over an iframe. it's up to you what you want to use to display your content, but it is  not going to be as easy to manipulate an object, as it would be for any type of frame.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.