Is there is a special or secret way to use HTML while designing a webpage?

zerugaze

For instance, if you just use "regular" HTML, will people still be able to see and use my website normally, even if they are not using Internet Explorer? For example, I always use Firefox. Other people use things like AOL or Opera to browse the web. Thanks for your help!

This way is called 'coding with accordance to W3C standards'

Basically, if your HTML passes the test at http://validator.w3.org/ it should pose no problems to modern browsers.

Another thing is using CSS in such a way, that your page looks good in all major browsers (this usually means taking special care of IE). That's the knowledge I've never really pursued :)

For instance, if you just use "regular" HTML, will people still be able to see and use my website normally, even if they are not using Internet Explorer? For example, I always use Firefox. Other people use things like AOL or Opera to browse the web. Thanks for your help!

personally, as long as my site works in firefox and ie, I'm happy.

I don't do anything out of the ordinary.

Although, I'm still very wet behind the ears compared to most people here.

Oh, also, I use this in my css:

body {margin:0px; overflow-y:scroll}

form {margin:0px;padding:0px}

p {margin:0px;padding:0px}

the body one is very important.  that way when you say 100% width in a div or table....it gives you true 100% width in firefox and ie.

and then use divs (as I just learned) to layout the infrastructure of your site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.