New Design - Honesty pls - thanks in advance

flemingmike

Here are my thoughts:

- Your site doesn't validate

- I would find a way to integrate the very top menu 'Home  Contact Us  F.A.Q.  Chat Rooms' into the main menu or side menu somewhere.. feels very out of place where it is.

- I can't say I am a fan of header. The font used in it is slightly awkward to read..(speaking about the middle portion.. the 'Don't get schooled' part). Overall, your header feels more like a banner ad than anything else.. I would consider making one unified look that matches the rest of the page.

- Text items within buttons, divs and whatnot feel slightly cramped. Perhaps adding some css padding or margins to give the elements more 'breathing room'.

- The site's purpose seems 'hidden', in that there is no clear description of what the site is for. Perhaps a nicely written paragraph describing what it is all about? Since it is geared towards the gaming public, a little info wouldn't hurt.

- In the footer, you suggest Firefox of IE 7. I would consider axing those and ensure your site works across all major up-to-date browsers instead.

- The 'Powered by VGBetting.com' link within the footer is redundant, as it simply links to the home page. Instead, perhaps a simple '© 2008-2009 VGBetting.com' would suffice.

- The location of account register and login is redundant.. You already have a login panel on the right hand side. As a result, I would axe the My Account section in the left menu system.

- Contact is probably a link that should definitely be in the top menu (no, not the very very top menu [which I still think should be integrated elsewhere]).

- ditch the tables you have in your layout.. they are not needed.

Not Bad!

I agree that the top menu seems not to go with the rest of the site...make it a nice similar san-serif font and you will be ok i think...make the top bar a bit more stand out ish....like a gradient bg maybe ?

Right hand menu, maybe making links contrast with background might make me not so lazy to try and find something i (a user) might be looking for... :-P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.