php affiliate script help.

gathos

Ok so here's the deal, what I'm looking for is generalization not specific scripting.

my boss wants to do a commission based setup for his online sales that i have generated though blogs and other such means. but the propblem i'm having is that we don't have a shopping cart as we are custom stained glass, we have a system that the customer chooses a design they like, give us there sizes and we send them a email quote that was generated by a person.

since the affiliate programs i have seen are based for instant shopping cart sales, not custom sales that are different for every customer, and sent through emails.

does anyone know of something i might be able to download or maybe some ideas of how i might be able to make some myself, and an idea of how to get to that point.

IE: i thought of tracking ip addresses, then putting them in a database if the customer goes throught and actually sends a quote, it would copy it and add that to the database.

how do other affiliate programs work?

Thanks for your help, and i hope i made sense.

gathos.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.