[SOLVED] OOPHP user authentication

robcrozier

Hi.  I wonder if anyone can advise me on this....

Basically, i've got a 'User' class which contains all the relevant methods to log a user in, validate their login status etc....  However, i'm having a few issues with some people (on different machines) being logged out after only 5mins even though the session settings are set to stay alive for 20 mins. 

What i want to do is create a login script that does not rely solely on sessions, but also a users last activity in the database.  My current user class uses a 'username' session to collect all data about a user however and if this is not present, the user data cannot be collected and thus the user cannot remain logged in!?

Can anyone suggest how i would go about this?

Cheers

Are you on a shared web server and is the session.save_path setting using the default shared folder?

If so, one of the other scripts running on the server has probably set a shorter session.gc_maxlifetime. The solution is to set the session.save_path to be to a private folder within your account's folder tree so that your session.gc_maxlifetime setting only affects your session data files.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.