Converting this one page from asp to php/mySQL

classicTEK.org

Hello all,

I need to be able to convert the following link from asp to php/MySQL:

http://www.reprise.com/host/tektronix/reference/voltage_probes.asp

I have never done this before but I am familiar with php/mySQL and just need a push or two in the right direction.  The new php page will need to be similar to the original if possible.

Cheers,

David

http://www.classictek.org

Thank you.

ok.............so I need a little bit more than that.  I am making a joomla based site and need to move this page and others like it over to the new site but do not know where to start.  I may be looking in the wrong place but I actually just started this wonderful journey into joomla/php/mysql and do not know any better.  I am resourceful but do not know where to start.  Any direction would be great!

Cheers,

David

Hi

The page looks like a pretty simple table with a few links at the top, and buttons used to change the sort order (no doubt it just just uses an alternative order clause on the SQL Select statement). It is probably a pretty simple ASP script and should be pretty easy to convert to ASP.

I presume the data on the page comes from a database. Any idea what database?

All the best

Keith

I am having the db sent to me on a cd cause the webmaster cannot seem to send them through e-mail.  So i will have the data in hand very soon, but I have copied & pasted the info into an excel ss so I can work with the data in csv format if needed.  The webmaster has indicated that none of the buttons are images and some of the asp refers back to some script on his server though.  Does this help?

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.