Why can't I get my website to line up?

dus22

Hey guys I am new here. I am having a very tough time with this php. It is a different world to me. If you guys could take a look at my website (DuSoldhomes.com) and possibly tell me why I can't get the text to line up I would greatly appreciate it.

I want the form you fill out to be directly to the right of the video with the text directly under the video. I have tried for about a week now and just can't figure it out. I know the site is an eye sore still but once I figure this out I want to make it look a little nicer. If you want to see the code I have now and that will help I will put that in as well.

Thanks for any help in advance. I have learned a lot here already!

<!---Content starts here -->

<body text= "#151B54">

<table width=”100” height=”30”>

<td colspan="90" bgcolor="#000080" width="1000" height="30"<h1><span style="color:#FFFFFF">DuSoldHomes.com</span></h1>>

</table> 

<hr width="100%"size="20" align="center" color="#800517">

<center><h2>The average home in the Phoenix area spends over <span style="color:#800517">100 days</span> on the market!</h2></center>

<center><h1>Learn what <span style="color:#800517">you</span> can do to <span style="color:#800517">sell</span> your home <span style="color:#800517">quick</span>!</h1></center>

<left><h5>At DuSold Homes we will do our best to help you sell your home quick.<br />

We can close in any time frame you need, whether your situation is due to<br />

foreclosure, job transfer, or you just need to get your home off of your hands.<br </h5></left>

<body>

<left><h5>If you fill out the short form on the right side of the screen someone at DuSold<br />

Homes will get in contact with you very shortly to help figure out the best answer<br />

to your personal situation.</h5></left>   

<body>                               

<right><form action="/gdform.php" method="post">

<form action="/gdform.php" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="refresh" />

<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="refresh" />

<p>First Name:<input type="text" name="FirstName" /></p>

<p>Last Name:<input type="text" name="LastName" /></p>

<p>E-Mail:<input type="text" name="email" /></p>

<p>Phone number:<input type="text" name="Phone number" /></p>

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="refresh"/>

</form></right>

<!---Webpage ends here -->

I think you are confused between php and html.

This looks like you have written the page in html. Therefore  <left> should be <p align="left"> and <right> should be <p align="right">

You form action is to a php file which is ok. Email me at pwithers2009@hotmail.co.uk if you are looking for help in writing it in html or using html in a php page.

Actually, it shouldn't be <left> or <p align="left">. The first one doesn't exist, and the second is deprecated.

Unfortunately, there are too many things wrong with that code for me to be able to go into it to explain the various problems. You are using a lot of deprecated tags, and unnecessary table markup. I would suggest going to the HTML Dog website, and doing a bunch of the CSS tutorials. You will learn a lot, and will soon see where a lot of your problems are coming from.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.