[SOLVED] Apache and vista

jmr3460

I just got apache 2.2 and php5 installed on a desktop with XP. This is a good environment to work at home. Sometimes I like to go to the coffee shop and play around. I tried to install apache 2.2 on my vista laptop and it worked good until I tried to edit my index page and it appears that the server is serving a different page that I found in my htdocs folder. My question is where is my index page stored on a vista machine.

I should also say that I had this problem earlier and I uninstalled apache, then later after I had success with the XP monster I decided to attack the vista monster.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

jmr3460

I looked in services and did not see IIS anywhere as being one of the services. I have never turned on IIS. This machine is fairly new (less than a year). If it did get turned on how do I turn it off and where would the index page be stored. I don't see any folders titled www or anything like that in my windows explorer.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.