[SOLVED] using ordey by

contra10

hi im using the order by funtion in my query

<?php
$query = "SELECT * FROM `listing` WHERE `country`='$postcountry' and `continent`='$postcontinent' and `state_province` = '$poststate' and `val`= 'true' and `evcategory`='$posteva'";
if(isset($_POST['submit']) and ($_POST['continent']) and ($_POST['country']) and ($_POST['state']) and ($_POST['eva']) and ($_POST['event']) and ($_POST['city'])){$query .= " and `evcity` = '$postcity'";}
$query .= "ORDER BY `dateofevsearch` DESC";
?>

this currently orders everything from least date to greater date... ie. march 3 before march 7. The problem is that i also want to order the listings not only by date but by the cost least of each day to most of each day so...

March 1 $20.00, March 1 $25.00 March 2 $22.00 etc.. what it does is just organize the same date alphabetically... can i add like two order by like order by listing and cost... [/code]

order by column1, column2

default is ascending for both.  You can specify the ascending or descending by adding on asc or desc like so:

order by column1 asc, column2 asc

order by column1 desc, column2 asc

order by column1 desc, column2 desc

order by column1 asc, column2 desc

Note that it will first ordery by column1, then within that order, it orders by column2. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.