Setting up an advanced WebDav system

docmattman

I have a PHP/MySQL system setup with an online file manager built in.  In this file manager, I have user permissions setup, so that some users can access certain folder and some can't, some also have modify access.  I want to extend this system out to WebDav to allow users to connect from their client machines and still respect my user permissions for folders.

I have been able to setup WebDav for a specified folder.  But the problem is that I have no way to limit subfolder access for it.  So, if a user can access a WebDav folder, I can't hide certain subfiles/subfolders and show others.

Does anyone know of a way to setup an advanced WebDav system with the ability to set permissions for files and folders.  So a user can access the WebDav and only see (or access) they files/folders that I specify?  If so, please let me know, this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, can the WebDav settings be applied in a .htaccess file rather than editing the httpconf file?  It took me a long time to get WebDav setup for a folder and now I want to add more.  I'd prefer to just copy and paste a .htaccess file rather than setting everything up in the main config file.

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.