Can somebody recommend an affordable SEO firm for a starting up website?

zaplzaplza

I read your post and it sounded like "Please let me give someone my money" to me.

Being in a charitable mood today however...

You need to read everything Here.

Then you need to find a way of creating lots of backlinks from relevant sites containing words you want to rank for (see my signature). This will only really be of benefit if the site is related to yours.  Start a blog or two.  You can link from these easily because they are yours!

There you go..... you're now an SEO pro yourself.  At the very least you need to be informed enough not to get ripped off or have somebody damage your site by using suspect techniques.

I work for a small company that does SEO for small businesses. I'm not a salesman (far from it haha) but if you'd like to get some information, i'm glad to help.

The previously reply is right on! Backlinks and other off-page things are a great start! but before you begin any optimization efforts its important to develop your target market. When i'm optimizing a site for a company, that's the first thing i do. It helps me to even write down my market... say for example: "Heating and Cooling". starting with that, i narrow my focus to this clients specific service area and come up with a laundry list of small cities and town that he services. I try to narrow down that list to metro locations or larger cities that people are more likely to search for services in. For instance, i wouldn't want to optimize for a small town outside of Mobile Alabama when i could bring in more traffic from people searching in Mobile itself.

After i come up with that i'll start with the clients products and services. Again i sart broad (heating and cooling) and try to become more specific. after doing some research on internet user's search trends and anylizing the competion, i decide to go with things like "furnace repair" "new air conditioner" rather than the broad brush of "heating and cooling". The idea here is that when someone is searching for "furnace repair in Anytown", chances are they are looking to spend money to get their furnace repaired... and THATS the traffic we want coming in. By not optimizing per se for things like Heating and cooling, sure the traffic quantity may be lower, but the quality is much better.

this may not be the best example, but hopefully you get the idea =D

If you want to talk more or if i can offer you any more input, feel free to pm me

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.