[SOLVED] Applying CSS 'a class' tags to hrefs in php

piedpiper

Sorry dropfaith.

That '<a class id' was a typo I didn't catch.

Actually boths classes and id's work fine in html, but for some reason when its in the Print statement nested in the php tags, neither the id nor class works. The browser just shows a blank page.

Ok, managed to nut it out using php within html, rather than the other way around. This then lets the CSS properties apply to the layout. Thought I'd post it up in case anyone wants to know.

And Dropfaith, thanks for the error_reporting tip  :) I didn't know you could do that. Will help me lots in the future!

<?php

include "../connect.php";

$getlist = mysql_query("SELECT * from mailing_list order by email ASC") or die("Could not get list"); //select e-mails in ABC order

?>

<table border="0"><tr id="heading">

<td>Email...</td><td>Date Joined...</td><td>Validated...</td><td>Delete...</td></tr>

<?php while($result=mysql_fetch_array($getlist)){  ?>

<tr><td><a class="contact" href="mailto:<?php echo $result['email'];?>"><?php echo $result['email'];?></a></td>

<td><?php echo $result['datejoined'];?></td>

<td><center><?php echo $result['validated'];?></center></td>

<td><a class="contact" href="deluser.php?ID=<?php echo $result['userID'];?>">Delete</a></td></tr> <?php } ?>

</table> 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.