Require Immediate Advice on PHP forum Nesting!!!

rEhSi_123

Well hello everybody,

Basically I have a php/mysql forum.

Now, in my reply page I would like to implement my replies in a nested tree.....

I am not sure as how I would go about implementing it......

My forum_replies table looks like the following:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `forum_replies` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `tid` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `uid` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `message` text NOT NULL,
  `date` varchar(64) NOT NULL,
  `time` int(25) NOT NULL,
  `edit_time` int(25) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=33 ;

Will I need to add reply_id to my table??????

Could somebody please guide me through.

Thanks

It should be pretty simple, but I don't have the time to write it down now as I should already be getting ready to go.

Good luck.

Immediate advice eh? Best go pay someone then. With all due respect, people help here free of change, in their spare time. It's pretty rude to demand some help.

;)

Immediate advice eh? Best go pay someone then. With all due respect, people help here free of change, in their spare time. It's pretty rude to demand some help.

Sorry dude if offended you ::)......which i didn't mean to.......I have had previous threads here but didn't receive any replies to it so that explains the above title.....I shall change it....

It should be pretty simple, but I don't have the time to write it down now as I should already be getting ready to go.

Good luck.

;)

Sorry if offended you mate!!!!!

It's ok, you did not offend me, I was actually running short on time. I just found what GingerRobot said funny.

Okay dude.... ;D...Next time I shall think wot I stick up on the subject title.

Anyways, I was just wondering.....reply to a topic doesn't have to be nested!!!!!! whereas reply to a reply will be nested.......

But what I am confused is will the nested data need to be stored in my original reply table????

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.