Please forgive my ignorance...

jlavik

Greetings all:

I am new to PHP and have never done any blogging or played with any applications such as Joomla or Wordpress, etc. I just built a website for a friend who now wants me to create a section where users can log in and provide feedback on a particular topic and their own experiences with that topic, then on a weekly basis vote for the best feedback. I might be able to muddle my way through coding this from scratch, but it seems to me that there is probably something out there that will do the job for me. I was looking at Wordpress today and I think it *might* be what I'm looking for, but the free version has a limit of~30 users and this client may need more.

Any suggestions appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have any experience with Wordpress, althought I have been told it's a very nice system to work with.  My recommendation would be to use Drupal, which is very extensible and has lots of user-developed modules that can be used, all for free.

I am currently using it for a company's intranet server and they are very happy with it.  You can find it at http://drupal.org

Good luck!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.