Integratable Blog without MySQL?

RhysAndrews

Hey guys!

I am looking for a blog system, such as Wordpress, that can be integrated and styled into my own website without requiring mySQL databases.

I've heard it's possible to use the Wordpress RSS function to display blog entries straight from wordpress, but I have no idea how I would go about doing this - and would it automatically archive articles into new pages?

I'm seriously lost here! Any help would be much appreciated.

-Rhys

RSS is not a form of database. The RSS feed is generated by Wordpress grabbing the posts from your MySQL database. Currently Wordpress only supports MySQL Databases.

No matter what blog system you use they will require some form of database.

I understand, but I had found a site once that showed how to integrate the RSS feed into a website and customise it, making it look just like a blog - then it was editable from Wordpress' site.

But surely it is possible to create a blog system that, instead of looking for entries in a database to edit (or adding new entries to the database), looks for DIV containers with a certain class name. You could even have all the DIV containers in one document, and then according to the page archive number, pick a cluster of 5 DIV containers to display on the page (For archived pages etc).

Anyway, thanks for your help.

But surely it is possible to create a blog system that, instead of looking for entries in a database to edit (or adding new entries to the database), looks for DIV containers with a certain class name. You could even have all the DIV containers in one document, and then according to the page archive number, pick a cluster of 5 DIV containers to display on the page (For archived pages etc).

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Yes that is possible, the technique you just described is known as a flat file database. However you wont be able to do that with Wordpress. You will have to create your own blog system to achieve this.

Hi again.

I didn't expect wordpress to offer something like that...

I did just find a system called Thingamablog, which is a free piece of software that does it all on the client computer and then uploads HTM/HTML files to the server. This seems to do exactly what I'd like.

Thanks for your help

-Rhys

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.