proper redirection

contra10

I'm trying to attempt to redirect someone from an email to a specific page. the problem is in my header file, if no cookie is set becasue it is a login system, the person gets redirected to the main page. How can i set up a login system where after the person enters their username etc then they can redirected to the page that the email linked them to?

if the page you are trying to send them to via a link in an email requires authentication, then they will be redirected every time .. otherwise, just change your header() to what you would like it to be .. or, be a little more specific as to what it is you are attempting to attempt to try.

1. Check the page that they went to, if they are not logged in, create a session or cookie of the exact url they are at.

2. Redirect them to the login page.

3. Place the url from the cookie or session in a hidden field.

4. When the user logs in, check what is in the hidden field, if it is a url, direct them there otherwise direct them to the default page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.