Open source CMS or my own CMS

nadman123

hi guys,

Recently i have assigned to a project where i have to create a web site to my client. He also wants to have a CMS with web site. My client hasn't got much computing skills..so he wants to use a very user friendly CMS...from the requirements of the CMS I just found out that there is only little amount of information needed to be managed. eg:- Add,update and delete items for an online shop(no money transaction involved), and a staff information page...and so on...

Currently he is been using a CMS called "Silver stripe" which he has found out quite easy to use and he hates druple....

I've got fair bit of PHP/SQL skills...and I am capable of producing a very simple CMS for this web-site. And My problem is if I try to make my very own CMS to this client will he agree to use my CMS instead of "Silver Stripe" and how can I convince him to use My CMS instead of "Silver Stripe"??

Actually this is my first time in my whole life that I am working with a client ...and i am very nervous in doing that...obviously still being a student.

I need your thoughts....If you want to check "Silver Stripe" here is the web site....

www.silverstripe.com    they have a demo version of it.

your comments much appreciated...

Thanks

If your client is comfortable using Silver Stripe, I would not recommend that you build your own just for that client... If you are building the CMS for educational purposes or for multiple clients, then you will want to make sure all of the features that your client (and future clients possibl) want are integrated to make switching as painless as possible.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.